College Graduate Plan
Graduating from college can be bittersweet. You have the degree that you’ve worked years to get, but you also get pushed out into the real world, where things can be a bit scary from time to time. If you are like most graduates, your savings account is nonexistent, which can make things even worse, but thankfully, Volkswagen doesn’t really mind. Through their graduate program, you can save a great deal on a new VW, and get yourself a set of keys even if you don’t have a great deal of money saved.
What is even better is that the Volkswagen College Graduate Program qualifications are more lax than some of the others out there. All you need is proof of a degree and proof of employment and you can be on the road in no time at all. Allow us to break down how everything works. Believe us, it’s simple.
In order to qualify, you must have graduated in the last two years, or plan to graduate in the next six months, and as long as you attended an accredited U.S. or Canadian College, you’re good to go. To make sure that you have a steady income and will be able to make the payments, the only other stipulation is that you must have a full-time job or have written commitment from a future employer.
If you meet those two basic guidelines, you qualify. The next question on your mind, of course, is what do you qualify for? The answer to that question is just as simple. If you qualify and buy or lease a new Volkswagen through Volkswagen Credit, you are eligable for Volkswagen's $500 Customer Bonus. Plus, if you go down the leasing route, you don’t have to worry about making any security deposit at all.
- Any new and Near New Volkswagens
- Volkswagen Certified Pre-Owned vehicles (Retail Financing only)
Eligible Programs and Customer Benefits
- Leasing: Security deposit is not required (paid by Volkswagen Credit).
- $500 Customer Bonus starting 5/3/16 through 1/5/17.
- Retail Financing: VWoA will pay the first month’s payment (limited to $800).
- Driver’s Option: VWoA will pay the first month’s payment (limited to $800).
The dealer must provide the following information for each applicant prior to approval:
- Must be within six months of graduation or have graduated no more than 24 months prior to the date of his/her credit application, from a 2- or 4-year accredited U.S. or Canadian college or university with one of the following degrees:
- Nursing degree (RN or LPN)
- Written verification of graduation status is required via copy of diploma or official letter from University Office of Records and Registration with official signatory affixed thereto
- Must provide phone number of school’s Registrar’s Office
- Monthly payment cannot exceed 25% of gross monthly income
- Employed full-time or have verifiable commitment of employment from future employer. Must provide a contact name and phone number for someone in the Payroll or Human Resources Department of the applicant’s employer or future employer.
- No credit history required; however, established history must be in good standing and have no previous derogatory credit
- Must provide three personal references who can be contacted directly
- Qualification under this program is subject to verification prior to approval
* Subject to credit approval. No previous derogatory credit.
** Graduate of two-year or four-year accredited college or university.