2018 VW Passat Trim Level Comparison
When perusing the options for one's next car, one will quickly notice that every segment has its staples – the cars that have led the segment for years and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. As one would expect, the Volkswagen Passat is one of the staples for the sedan segment, and it shows no signs of slowing down. As a matter of fact, it only seems to be getting better with every new production year.
For the 2018 model year, the VW Passat is available in six trim levels: S, R-Line, SE, SE with Technology, SEL Premium and V6 SEL Premium. Between these trims, the Passat is able to accommodate virtually any set of needs. That said, it can be tricky keeping track of how the trims differ from one another. For that reason, Findlay Volkswagen has created this in-depth 2018 VW Passat trim level comparison.
Standard Features on Each Trim
Listed below are some key features from each trim level as well as the starting Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for each.
- S – Standard features include a rearview camera, automatic headlights and 16-inch alloy wheels. Starting MSRP is $22,995.
- R-Line – Added features include R-Line front and rear bumpers, VW Car-Net App-Connect and 19-inch Salvador alloy wheels. Starting MSRP is $24,995.
- SE – Added features include a power tilting and sliding sunroof, keyless entry and ignition and Blind Spot Monitor. Starting MSRP is $26,295.
- SE with Technology – Added features include a touchscreen navigation system, remote start and Park Distance Control. Starting MSRP is $29,595.
- SEL Premium – Added features include a premium audio system, leather seating surfaces and LED headlights. Starting MSRP is $31,650.
- V6 SEL Premium – Adds standard Lane Departure Warning while matching the SEL Premium trim. Starting MSRP is $34,650.