2018 VW Jetta Trim Level Comparison
When shopping for a new sedan, many prospective customers begin their quest with a Volkswagen Jetta. Available in six trim levels—S, Wolfsburg, SE, SE Sport, SEL and GLI—the 2018 Jetta is one of the most customizable models yet. That said, it can be difficult deciding which one is best for you. That's precisely why our team at Findlay Volkswagen has created this 2018 VW Jetta trim level comparison research page.
Before we dig too far into the trims, let's start with the available engines for this top-notch sedan. For the 2018 production year, the Jetta is the proud owner of three engine options that are all great choices for different sets of needs. Whether you want, fuel-efficiency, power or a combination of the two, you can find it in a 2018 VW Jetta.
The base 1.4-liter turbocharged engine of the 2018 VW Jetta—standard in the S, Wolfsburg Edition and SE trim levels— pumps out 150 horsepower while earning up to 28-city mpg and 40-highway mpg, as estimated by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Next, standard in the SE Sport and SEL trims, you will find a 1.8-liter turbocharged engine that earns an EPA-estimated 24-city mpg and 33-highway mpg. When stepping up to the top of the line, however, you will find an exclusive engine in the GLI trim.
With 210 horsepower, the 2.0-liter turbocharged engine of the GLI trim level provides Jetta drivers with most dynamic driving experience available. Not only is it more powerful, the 2.0-liter engine also matches the EPA-estimated fuel economy of the 1.8-liter engine with 24-city mpg and 33-highway mpg. Regardless of which trim level you may choose, all Jetta costumers can expect a high-quality driving experience.
2018 Jetta Features and Pricing Information
Listed below are some key features from each trim level as well as the starting Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for each.
- S – Standard features include a touchscreen interface, a rearview camera and LED Daytime Running Light. Starting MSRP is $18,645.
- Wolfsburg Edition – Added features include foglights, sport bumpers, 16-inch Linas alloy wheels. Starting MSRP is $20,345.
- SE – Added features include a power tilting and sliding sunroof, keyless entry and ignition as well as VW Car-Net App-Connect. Starting MSRP is $21,245.
- SE Sport – Added features include gloss black interior trim and black headliner, 17-inch black alloy wheels and a black-painted rear spoiler. Starting MSRP is $23,245.
- SEL – Added features include Front Assist, dual-zone climate control and a navigation system. Starting MSRP is $26,245.
- GLI – Added features include LED taillights, 18-inch Bathurst alloy wheels and V-Tex sport leatherette with red stitching. Starting MSRP is $29,545.