Auto insurance is something that all drivers need to have, so it is important to know what you are paying for in your coverage plan. To understand the auto insurance plan that you will be choosing, there are a few terms that will be helpful to know. Continue reading below to learn some helpful terms and tips about auto insurance!
Helpful Tips to Know About Auto Insurance
- Do research to know what type of coverage you want on your vehicle.
- Take the time to compare rates at different insurance companies.
- Keep in mind what type of vehicle that you are covering. If it is a more expensive vehicle, you will most likely be paying a higher rate.
- Ask your insurance agent about any discounts that you are eligible to save yourself some money.
- Keep up with your payments. You will most likely be paying more in the future if you let your coverage lapse.
Auto Insurance Terms
- Liability Coverage – Liability is the minimum amount of insurance needed. It will cover damages or injuries of the other party involved but nothing of your own.
- Collision Coverage – This will cover damages to your vehicle in the event of a collision no matter who was at fault.
- Comprehensive Coverage – This coverage will take care of damages to your vehicle that were not caused by a collision with another vehicle (examples include falling objects, fire or animal damage).
- Full Coverage – Although this term may vary by insurance company, it generally includes liability, collision, comprehensive and some type of medical coverage.
- Deductible – This is the amount of money that you will pay out of pocket for damages before your insurance coverage kicks in.
- Gap Insurance – If your vehicle were to be totaled, this would cover the amount of money between what the vehicle is worth and what you still owe on the vehicle.
- Declarations Page – A summary of the coverage that you are paying for.
We hope that you found these tips and terms helpful. Findlay Volkswagen offers a wide selection of new and pre-owned Volkswagen vehicles for drivers to choose from. If you are in the market for a new vehicle, stop by the dealership today or contact us with any questions!