If you are like one of the millions of people around the world that drive, then you are used to filling up your vehicle with gas. It is no one’s favorite thing to do, but it is necessary for us to get around with most vehicles. But what if there was a way to not make as many trips to the gas pump and to save a little bit of cash in your pocket? There is! There are actually multiple ways. We put together a list of five ways that you can help improve your vehicle’s fuel economy. Keep reading below to check them out!
5 Tips to Help Improve Your Fuel Economy
- Reduce drag – By having roof racks that are holding gear or other storage accessories on your vehicle, you are adding more weight and drag that it ultimately decreasing the fuel efficiency.
- Accelerate with caution – Accelerating quickly and braking quickly burns up more fuel than a gradual increase of speed or decrease of speed. The way that you driver could have a lot to do with how much fuel you go through.
- Properly inflate your tires – By inflating your tires to the correct PSI, you are helping your vehicle work towards its best fuel economy. Tires that are under-inflated have an increased rolling resistance on ground surfaces.
- Clean your air filter – A car with a dirty filter needs to work harder and use up more fuel. By cleaning or replacing the filter regularly fuel economy will improve.
- Use cruise control – Cruise control will help to maintain a consistent speed while traveling in your vehicle and therefore is very fuel efficient.
Findlay Volkswagen offers more helpful tips in our ‘Tips and Tricks’ category. Our blog also features information on our Volkswagen vehicles, local events and much more. Be sure to check out our blog and our inventory of new and used vehicles. Have a question? Contact us and a member of our team will be happy to help!